Using The Law Of Attraction With Goal Setting
Several people think there is a conflict in between the Law of Attraction, as shown in “The Secret” as well as goal-setting. The belief that you should allow the Universe make a decision just how to bring you your objective appears to clash with planning your goal strategy.
A wonderful majority of people believe that it is wrong to be as well particular when they set goals. If we follow this method just how does establishing a goal, complete with a strategy for its attainment, suit right into this attraction procedure?
Well, anyone who has achieved an objective through traditional goal-setting methods is well aware that including specific details is the key to its attainment. They fully realize that being as specific as you can increases the likelihood of achieving your goal. These specifics should include:
- Completion date,
- A plan to follow that will lead to the achievement of the goal,
- Stepping stone goals and
- Highly specific details of the goal itself.
For example, you may set a goal to have an increase in turn-over of $10,000 by the end of the quarter. You immediately devise a plan to increase sales and begin to build your goal steps by setting smaller goals that will lead to bigger goals that will lead to the attainment of your desired outcome.
So how does this fit into ‘The Universe knows the best way’ approach offered by most law of attraction experts?
Well it’s really very simple. When these teachers talk of not getting caught up in the specifics they do not mean the goal itself.
They are referring to the distribution approach of the goal. If you get specific in your objective and also even set time-limits for particular activities then the Law of Attraction is reacting to those thoughts and also the sensations associated with them.
By remaining focused on the specifics your wanted end result and also feeling very positive feelings regarding it as well as the accomplishment of it, you are adding remarkable power to the workings of the Law of Attraction. As long as you don’t really feel adverse concerning your objective, or the strategy you have created, goal-setting like this can be quite powerful.
However, if you set your aims too high, or make your goals unrealistic, then the Law of Attraction will work against you! You feel overwhelmed, doubtful and stressed. The Law will respond to this and your attraction vibration will be the opposite of what you want. By over-stretching yourself you will get negative thoughts and feelings about your goal. But by setting realistic goals, that do still stretch you, you can fully utilize the Law of Attraction to your advantage.
One crucial element of the Law of Attraction is that you always get more of what you focus on.
Placing your attention on certain things consistently makes them grow and expand.
- Set goals and a working plan: By setting goals and a working plan to achieve, you are actually focusing your energy, thoughts and emotions towards that of the desired objective.
- Have Set time-limits: By having set time-limits for the achievement of each step of your goal and the goal itself your thoughts, energy and feelings are also focused in that direction. Thus you are following one of the fundamental rules of the Law of Attraction – what you put our attention on expands. However, don’t get caught up on the one channel of distribution. Be open to the universe bringing you your goal any way it sees fit! You can still be specific about your plan but remain flexible and look for other opportunities.
- Always remain focussed: The key is to always remain focused on the goal itself and not on the lack of it! You must also ensure you do not get frustrated if it appears that you may not reach your goal in the time-limit you specified. These are draw-backs of goal-setting as far as the Law of Attraction is concerned. However, they can be over-come.
- Realistic Goals: Set realistic easily managed goals at first. Once you become proficient at goal-achievement you can start to stretch yourself a little more each time. As you begin to see overwhelming evidence that the Law of Attraction exists and that it is working in your favour you will be able to set you goals higher and bigger until there is nothing you cannot achieve.
Remember that when you reach for a goal to generate as much positive thoughts and feelings you can as they will ad power to your efforts through the Law of Attraction thus attracting more and more things to you that will get you closer and closer to your objective, until finally it falls in your lap!