Throat Chakra – Visuddha
The Throat Chakra is the fifth chakra and it is the first of the higher or spiritual chakras on the “chakra ladder”. This chakra is located in the region of neck and shoulders and its color is blue.
The gift of this chakra is accepting your originality, expressing your authentic voice and speaking your truth.
The energy of this chakra allows you to seek knowledge that is true, beyond limitations of time and space, beyond cultural and family conditioning.
The main challenge for the fifth chakra is doubt and negative thinking. When you gain and verify your knowledge through meditation and direct experience, then doubt and negativity are removed.
The “way of the Throat Chakra” is the way of inspired creativity, seeking and sharing of the truth.
It is the way of standing up for what you believe, saying no when you need to, and being open and honest in what you say.
Do you dare to be creative?
Do you dare to open up to a life full of infinite possibilities?
The fifth chakra is linked directly to your personal integrity and a sense of honor.
As a communication center, it not only allows you to express who you are and what you stand for, but also allows you to listen deeply to another.
A person with an open Visuddha chakra is a good listener, she enables another person to have the experience of being heard – one of the most profound human needs.
Throat Chakra at a glance:
Throat Chakra Affirmations
- I am open, clear, and honest in my communication.
- I have a right to speak my truth.
- I communicate my feelings with ease.
- I express myself creatively through speech, writing, or art.
- I have a strong will that lets me resolve my challenges.
- I nourish my spirit through creativity.
- I live an authentic life.
- I have integrity.
- I love to share my experiences and wisdom.
- I know when it is time to listen.
- I express my gratitude towards life.
- I listen to my body and my feelings to know what my truth is.
- I take good care of my physical body.
- I am at peace.
Sanskrit name: Visuddha
Petals of the lotus: Sixteen
Seed sound: Ham
Vowel sound: Eee
Rights: To speak
Endocrine gland: Thyroid and Parathyroid gland
Physical association: Throat, ears, mouth, shoulders, and neck
Psychological function: Communication
Identity: Creative identity
Developmental stage: 7 -12 years
Plane: Human plane, where the dark night of soul ends
Deity: Sadasiva, Sakini
Mythological Animal: Elephant, bull, lion
Sephira: Geburah, Chesed